I’ve been involved in volunteering for YEARS but the impact that social media is AMAZING! As I learn more about the art of blogging, I stumbled across a VERY helpful blog.
So far this seems to be THE blog of all non-profit blogs, which will be very beneficial to my personal learning network.
One of the posts that caught my attention was…
Announcing… 31 New Favorite Nonprofits for 2013!
These “Favorite Nonprofits” are chosen every January to be on the banner of the blog. I love this concept an all but normally they are chosen because of a great social media presence. This year it’s more by opinion. The author chose them because the causes hit closer to home.
The top causes include female empowerment, the environment, and medical care. The best part? Each of the nonprofits will get 10% of the site’s webinar income.
To put it in perspective, they have 8 webinars scheduled until March 19th. Each will cost $50 per person or $119 per group. That could add up to a lot of money. I love that not only will this blog acknowledge these nonprofits, but they also get helped, they get support. And here is the list…
1.SOS Children’s Villages International :: @SOS_Children
2. Wildlife SOS :: @WildlifeSOS
3. FINCA :: @FINCA
4. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) :: @PETA
5. 10×10 :: @10x10Act
6. Girls Education International :: @GirlsED
7. MomsRising :: @MomsRising
8. National Marine Life Center :: @MarineLifeCtr
9. Partners In Health :: @PIH
10. amfAR :: @amfAR
11. charity: water :: @CharityWater
12. Vital Voices :: @VitalVoices
13. Gorilla Doctors :: @GorillaDoctors
14. Population Council :: @Pop_Council
15. National MS Society :: @MSSociety
16. Ewaso Lions :: @EwasoLions
17. ECPAT International :: @ECPAT
18. Demos :: @Demos_Org
19. Alley Cat Allies :: @AlleyCatAllies
20. American Nicaraguan Foundation :: @ANF
21. Southern Poverty Law Center :: @SPLCenter
22. National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare :: @NCPSSM
23. National Park Foundation :: @GoParks
24. Wild Animal Sanctuary :: @AnimalSanctuary
25. Women’s Campaign International :: @WomensCampaign
26. Born Free Foundation :: @BFFoundation
27. Performing Animal Welfare Society :: @PAWSArk2000
28. Alliance for Climate Education :: @ClimateED
29. Women for Women International :: @WomenforWomen
30. Clinic In A Can :: @ClinicInACan
31. National Gay & Lesbian Task Force :: @TheTaskForce